General Ethical Guidelines
The most important undertaking as far as Pretec AS is concerned is running a financially sound and sustainable business. Pretec takes responsibility for all areas affected by its operations, which includes the environment, the local community, our employees and our business partners. In order to fulfil this responsibility, we have established a code of conduct:
• We shall conduct our business ethically, displaying great integrity.
• We comply with applicable legislation and regulations in the countries where we operate.
• We keep an open mind in dialogue with those affected by our business. We respond to questions from external parties and communicate effectively and within a reasonable period with concerned parties.
• We respect the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognise our responsibility towards our employees and the communities where we operate.
As far as we are able, we shall endeavour to ensure that our suppliers, subcontractors, agents and other business partners observe the principles set out in our ethical guidelines.
The relationship with our employees
Maintaining a strong and lasting relationship with our employees that is based on mutual respect and trust is very important to Pretec. Our employees’ working conditions must satisfy the minimum requirements set out in national legislation and pertinent ILO conventions.
• We offer a healthy and safe work environment and will always seek to identify potential improvements.
• We provide the same opportunities to everyone, regardless of race, gender, skin colour, nationality, religion, political views, ethnic background or other specific characteristics.
• We take a zero tolerance approach to discrimination and persecution.
• We give all employees and other contacts the opportunity to report abuses and legitimate suspicion of misconduct, so that the necessary investigations and measures can be instituted. This shall be done in a manner that shields the person speaking out from reprisals.
• We recognise the right of employees to form trade unions.
• We do not employ anyone under the age of 15 years and comply with the rules and regulations concerning minimum employment age in the countries where we operate.
• We do not accept forced labour, slave labour or other forms of involuntary labour at our workplaces.
• We do not accept practices that restrict the freedom of movement of employees.
Corruption, bribery and unfair competition practices have a competition-distorting effect and hinder economic, social and democratic development. Pretec will not accept such behaviour.
• We shall not contravene relevant competition law.
• We shall not, directly or indirectly, offer or make improper payments or other gifts to any person or organisation with the intention of obliging the person or organisation concerned to act in contravention of applicable rules and regulations. This applies whether the intention is to secure, retain or direct business or to obtain other undue advantages within the framework of Pretec’s business.
• We shall not, directly or indirectly, demand or accept any form of improper payment or other gifts provided with the intention of obliging us to act in contravention of our prescribed guidelines.
• We keep correct accounts for all financial transactions and report these in line with applicable accounting legislation and good business practice.
• Our IT system includes control functions which guarantee adequate data protection for our customers.
Pretec is convinced that our products and operation can contribute to sustainable development and wishes to play an active role in protecting the environment.
• We have organisational structures, management systems, procedures and training programmes for which the minimum requirement is compliance with all the relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
• Our objective is to conduct environmental work at Pretec in accordance with ISO 14001 and to incorporate the standard’s working methods into all processes and business plans.
• In order to ensure continued improvement, we wish to involve our workforce, including subcontractors, business partners and other concerned parties in our environmental work.
• Our ambition is always to reduce the environmental impact of our products and services. This applies to the entire product life cycle.
Approved by the Board of Directors of Pretec Group AS
Even A. Karlsen